Blue-winged Teal

I saw two pairs of BLUE-WINGED TEAL today at The North Arm Nature Area of Pineview Reservoir in Weber County.  The teal were along the east side of the area; I was above them looking down from the Old Highway.

The trail system in The North Arm is flooded as The North Fork of the Ogden River is over its banks.  I was prepared for wet trails and wore knee-high rubber boots; however, before I crossed the footbridge over the river I was wading through foot-high water and turned back.  The habitat has changed from a merely deciduous riparian corridor to swamped forest.  The change got my hopes up and I looked for Ivory-billed Woodpeckers.  I didn't find even one.  I've heard they're quite elusive.

Kris