From: "Kristin Purdy" <kristinpurdy@comcast.net>
To: <birdtalk@utahbirds.org>
Subject: [BirdTalk] Blue-winged Teal
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:34:02 -0600
I saw two pairs of BLUE-WINGED TEAL today at The North Arm Nature Area of Pineview Reservoir in Weber County.  The teal were along the east side of the area; I was above them looking down from the Old Highway.
The trail system in The North Arm is flooded as The North Fork of the Ogden River is over its banks.  I was prepared for wet trails and wore knee-high rubber boots; however, before I crossed the footbridge over the river I was wading through foot-high water and turned back.  The habitat has changed from a merely deciduous riparian corridor to swamped forest.  The change got my hopes up and I looked for Ivory-billed Woodpeckers.  I didn't find even one.  I've heard they're quite elusive.
Kris
_______________________________________________ "Utah Birds" web site: http://www.utahbirds.org BirdTalk: To subscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-subscribe@utahbirds.org To unsubscribe, e-mail: birdtalk-unsubscribe@utahbirds.org To send a message, e-mail: birdtalk@utahbirds.org _________________________________________________