Cedar Waxwings plus Brown Creeper

My husband has very painful shingles (A form of Chicken pox), so I had to bird from home today and it certainly paid off.  We had our first Cedar Waxwings ever (in Draper).  Finally the 7 Pear trees we planted paid off.  Just a small flock of about a dozen were here munching on the tiny (I'm sure) bitter pears.  Also a Brown Creeper was here today for the first time this year..This is the 2nd year we have seen them here in Draper.  The waxwings seemed used to people photographing them and were pretty patient.  I didn't know they had a little hook at the end of their bill. What gorgeous, sleek looking birds.  Such delicate feathering. And nearly every little filament right in place. Even the crest looks combed just so. Hopefully, they'll pick up some Bohemians in their travels and bring them back with them.  I think they like those big, sloppy, rotten apples, though. Hmmm...wonder if they would go for apple cider?

Here's a couple of photos

http://www.wildutah.us/h_waxwing_cedar.html

Nicky

nicky-davis@earthlink.net