Greater Scaup @ Farmington Bay

With well over 100,000 ducks on the resting pond at Farmington Bay there
are bound to be some good birds mixed in.  At least 3 Adult Male GREATER
SCAUP were observed about 50 yards out where the airboat lunch with the
2 Owl decoys are.  There very well could have been females and more
birds mixed in but there was just too much to look at.  Also present
were:

Gadwall (by far the most numerous bird)
American Wigeon
Lesser Scaup
Northern Shoveler
Bufflehead
Redhead
Mallard
Green-winged Teal
Northern Pintail
Ruddy Duck

and quite possibly something truly rare... Unfortunately, I didn't find
it :)

Also seen was a MERLIN flying to the north from the 3 or 4 dead trees on
the north edge of the rest unit.  At Glover's Lane there was a dark
phase Red-tailed Hawk, truly a beauty.  Another Red-tail was seen on the
off-ramp, literally, on the road at the Lagoon Drive Northbound Exit.

At Warm Springs in Salt Lake County, I didn't stop but could see several
GREATER YELLOWLEGS on the edge of the water.

Now lets find some Scoter's and some winter gulls!

GOOD BIRDING

Tim
http://www.timaverybirding.com
http://www.birdingwyoming.org