Back Yard Birds

Isn't birding great!  Even when you can't be out and about too much, you
can still get a fix right in your own back yard.  I've got Black-capped
Chickadees, White-crowned Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, American
Goldfinches, Song Sparrows, House Finches and three raucous Western
Scrub Jays coming in daily.  One time visitors in the past two weeks
include a Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Spotted Towhee and Pine Siskin.  The
Downy Woodpecker we call Miracle (because Anne snatched her from the
jaws of the neighbor's cat this summer) dines regularly on the suet and
a Northern Flicker has taken up residence in the owl box.

I love the recent report on the Sandhill Cranes.  When Matthew handed
them off in East Millcreek, I should have picked them up on the next
leg; but, I must have slept right on through their migration.
Obviously, I need more beauty sleep than Matthew, Kris and Sylvia.  Oh,
the things we miss when we're not looking...

Pomera