Mona reservoir birds

I paid a visit to Mona reservoir late this afternoon. As I drove from
Mona town to the lake access at the dam I passed ferruginous hawks in
three different places in the fields along the west side of the lake.
Red-tailed hawks were also abundant. There were probably 150-200 grebes,
nearly all Clark's grebes as far as I could see, swimming near the east
side of the lake, mostly in the vicinity of the Young Living farms
property. Mixed in with the grebes were a nearly equal number of ducks,
most of which appeared to be redheads and ring-necked ducks, with a few
ruddy ducks and a gadwall or two thrown in for good measure. No geese or
swans were observed in the water or at any point along the shore.
However, there were still four American white pelicans standing together
in the shallows near the northeast end of the lake, and a lone common
loon out toward the center of the reservoir.

Lu Giddings