Fw: [IBLE] Hudsonian Godwit

----- Original Message -----
From: LCARRIGAN_55
To: ible@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 4:23 PM
Subject: Hudsonian Godwit

IBLE:

This afternoon at Danielson Ck Falls overlook, I made careful
observations of an Hudsonian Godwit.  The Godwit was feeding with a
small group of Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs just beyond about 10 LB
Dowitchers.  Numbers of shorebirds have dropped greatly since our cool
spell arrived.  The Hudsonian Godwit was just larger than the Greater
Yellowlegs with a very long and distinctly upturned bill, dark legs,
black tail (separating it from a Willet) and white eyebrow stripe.  It
was drab gray in color.  Unfortunately, I don't have digiscoping
equipment for my spotting scope.  The birds are all quite "flighty",
so don't know how long it will stay.

Also 3 juvenile Black Crowned Night-herons, several White-faced Ibis
and Snowy Egrets.  No small "Peeps" remain.

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot

Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/70TolB/TM

To view archived messages go to:

http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/ible