Backyard Big Sit

Hi all

I have been noticing quite a bit of activity in my backyard this week so yesterday I decided to do a big sit in my yard for about three hours. I saw some first time interesting and surprising birds for my backyard.

As always many House Finches
2 House Wrens
Common Nighthawk flew over
MacGillivary's Warbles male and female
2 Hammond's Flycatchers 1st time
1 Cordillian Flycatcher
2 Western Wood Peewees 1st time
Scrub Jays
Black chinned Hummingbirds all female
Calliope Hummingbird 1 Female 1st time
Black-headed Grosbeak
Mourning Dove
BC Chickadees
Robin
Barn Swallows

My neighbor's apple tree is covered with yellow jackets, the flycatcher were having a feast and it was real fun to watch. They would catch a bee then hit it on the branch of my maple tree before swallowing it down.

I don't get time very often to do this so it was a real treat and amazed me at the variety of birds in my own backyard here in Woods Cross.

Happy Birding
Steve