Whimbrels

Sorry this is late I tried to send it Saturday but it apparently didn't do through.

I went to Antelope Island to find the Ruddy Turnstone but was unsuccessful, it was none the less a fantastic day of birding which yielded three life birds for me. Long Billed Curlew which I know is very common but for some reason has always eluded me, Semi Palmated Plover, and two Whimbrels. The Whimbrels were between mile markers 3 and 4 about a 1/4 mile between the antenna and speed limit sign on the south side of the causeway.

also seen
Kildeer
peeps, peeps, peeps, I was able to distinguish some Western and some Least Sandpipers
1000's of Wilsons Phalaropes
Red Necked Phalaropes
100's of Eared Grebes
White Faced Ibis
1000's of Avocets and Stilts
Greater and Lesser Yellow Legs
Willets
1000's of Franklins Gulls
Pelicans
Barn Swallows
Violet Green Swallows
3 Common Grackles
Northern Mocking Birds
Loggerhead Shrikes
Sage Thrashers

The Island was beautiful the Lake was beautiful and the birds I have never seen so many birds in one place what a treasure we have we are so fortunate to live here.

Happy Birding
Steve