Possible Ptarmigan Chase

Alright, I have been pondering this possibility part of the morning and what can
it hurt to throw it out there.  I plan on heading back to Leidy Peak August 19
or 20, and staying the Weekend birding the area.  I have had several folks
contact me wondering about when I was going again so why not let everyone know
about it.

The plan would be to leave Salt Lake either, Friday evening, or early Saturday
and head to the area around Hacking Lake to camp out.  Saturday would be spent
hiking Leidy and searching for Ptarmigan, Rosy-Finches, and other birds of the
High Uinta's.  Saturday Evening would be spent searching for Owls: Northern
Saw-whet, Northern Pygmy, Western Screech, Flammulated, Long-eared and Great
Horned in the area.  Sunday we would head down towards Vernal, birding along
the way,making a stop north of Vernal on FR 44 to look for Purple Martin, in
what looks like ideal habitat.  Next we will head to Ouray NWR, to see if we
can find American Bittern and see what shorebirds and other migrants have
started moving through.

>From there we would head back to Salt Lake, maybe stopping at Strawberry to see
what's out on the lake and along the shore.

If anyone is interested please contact me ASAP, so I can start putting a little
more thought in to the whole thing.  I can be reached at
tanager@timaverybirding.com, or east_baseball@yahoo.com, or by phone at
801-440-3035.

I will post more information buy the end of the week!

GOOD BIRIDNG

Tim

Salt Lake City, UT and Southwest, WY
http://www.timaverybirding.com