Re: Birding I-80

John,

That was a great post. Not only a vivid description of the trail, but a great history lesson about the area, that many probably don't know. Your bird sounds like a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. My dad often goes fishing in the area and tells me about the drab little birds with the rufous caps flitting about, and I could only think of a couple birds that would be in the area, CHIPPING SPARROW and RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET. RCKI is on page 394 of Sibley's Guide. The song is often described (at least how I learned it) as Hamburger---- Hamburder--- in rapid succession.

That was a great report! Thanks for Sharing!

Tim Avery
http://www.timaverybirding.com
Salt Lake City, UT or Wherever the Birds Take Me!