Red-naped Sapsucker throat variations

While out the last 3 weeks in Wyoming I photographed this Red-naped
Sapsucker along the Upper Hoback River south of Jackson.  The throat is
bordered completely by a rather thick black stripe, which struck me as
odd, because this is a trait exhibited by Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.  The
back pattern however is definitely Red-naped, not to mention the nape.
I know that Yellow-bellied can exhibit a red-nape in some cases, but is
unlikely in this location.  Is there any possibility in a hybrid bird,
or is this just a far end of the spectrum for RNSA?  So my question is,
how much of a variation is there within the species on the throat
border?

http://www.timaverybirding.com/rnsa_01.jpg

Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Good Birding

Tim

http://www.timaverybirding.com
Salt Lake City, UT or Wherever the Birds Take Me!