Evening Grosbeak

Hi,

Judy & I had dinner with my older brother and his wife from New York
this evening at the Silver Fork Lodge up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We dined
out on the deck at the southeast corner table. All of the feeders were
well stocked, which made for an excellent display of tame Pine Siskins,
Broad-tailed Hummers, and occasional Cassin's Finch. Also on hand was a
male Evening Grosbeak.

The grosbeak only showed up 3 times over the course of a couple of
hours, so you may have to invest in a meal to see him. BTW the meal (and
ambience) was excellent. It was also nice to get out of the 95 degree
Salt Lake weather. What a delightful place!

Jim Bailey
2032 Ribbon Lane
Holladay, UT 84117
(801) 274-8034

A  hobby must be in a large degree useless, inefficient, laborious or
irrelevant -Aldo Leopold