Re: Kirstin's Appeal and Cormorants

It's working Kristin and all,

I got over to Sugarhouse park today to see the Cormorants, thanks to Tim Avery's post, and got some neat pictures. I know this isn't really a big deal to see Cormorants (or is it?) but I saw one eat a great big fish. I don't think there have been many fish there in the past but I guess with the runoff that comes to that pond some fish have arrived. One cormorant took off, circled the pond about five times and then landed. A few minutes later another took off and headed southwest. I counted fourteen of them at 2:30. Some were sunning, some were fishing, and some were doing that courtship dance. Pretty good for a five minute drive in the middle of Sugarhouse. And without Kirstin and Tim I would have missed all of the excitement!

Marvis Collett

Kristin Purdy wrote:

Birders,

Please consider reporting your sightings more frequently on birdtalk/birdnet. I'm amazed that during what's possibly the best time of year to bird, so few reports come across the listservs. You don't have to be a blabbermouth like me to report what you're seeing--a simple list that includes what, where, when and how to get back there, if appropriate, would fill the needs of most people.

I learn a lot from what others report and I'm particularly interested in the range, distribution, and habitat of Utah birds. So please help me learn! Thanks.