Western Wood-Pewee

Hi Everyone,

I just had to post that yesterday we had our very first ever, Western
Wood-Pewee in our yard!  He is so cute.

We have two Western Kingbirds nesting around.  One pair is in the yard
and the male is so cute.  He has been going crazy getting fuzz for the
nest.  The American Goldfinches have been getting fuzz off of our
nesting material balls we have hanging from the trees.  When they drop
the fuzz the Western Kingbird is right there getting it and taking it
to his nest.  I finally took pity on him and put some in the yard and
he is going to have the cushiest nest around.

I haven't seen a mate for the Pe-Wee but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

So far the birds nesting in the yard are:
Bullock's Orioles
Western Kingbirds
American Goldfinches
Pine Siskins
House Finches

What a wonderful spring.  Our Lazuli Buntings seem to have gone higher
into the benches.  We see them when we are hiking but haven't seen
them in the yard lately.  Here is a link to a picture I took on May
9th.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/SurprisingWoman/8aa66160.jpg

It isn't pretty like so many you see on this page but there were 9
Buntings on our deck at once.  I took the picture through the kitchen
window so excuse the bars on the picture.

Happy Birding,
Brenda