Sick House Finches

I forgot to mention that I live in South Weber.

I had a question about a couple of House Finches I have seen.  We have
one female that has a huge growth on her head. It is at least as large
as her head is and takes up one side of her head.  It is all bumpy and
gnarly looking, think "Elephant Man" to be descriptive, albeit not PC.
 I saw her a couple of months ago and it was smaller but it is huge
now.  I am surprised she has lived this long, one of her eyes is no
longer visible.  Yesterday she was with a red male that is starting to
get it around his beak.  He is in the beginning stages but she just
looks so bad.

I just cleaned my feeders with bleach but is this stuff common?  Is it
contagious?  Is there anything I can do?

The house finches are being sooo cute right now. I love watching the
males bow and sing and strut in front of the females.  It is one of
the cutest mating dances I have seen.

Thanks for the help.

Brenda