Lazuli Buntings

Hi all,

We just had our first ever LAZULI BUNTINGS in our back yard.  We also
have our first two BULLOCK'S ORIOLES of the year.  And to think, I was
just this morning reading Steve Coelman's post about having Lazuli
Buntings in his backyard and feeling all jealous...

I think M. H.'s sister's bird IS a American Goldfinch.  It certainly
sounded like one from his description of it.

On the 28th and 29th of April, I had some American Pipits playing in the
"puddles" that were in the fields on 1500 West in Nibley, near where it
intersects with 3200 South.  The week after that, I had a single Redhead
in the pond on the east side of 89/91 near the Cache/Box Elder county
lines.  This was while I was coming home from a two-day "turnaround"
trip to Los Angeles, where the only "good" birds I saw (or heard) were a
Ellow-billed Magpie in Eagle Rock, an Osprey in Newberry Springs, a
Northern Mockingbird in Los Vegas and a Western Kingbird in Henderson
(since then I've seen them here in Cache County).

Good birding,
Richard