To: ible@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:36 AM
Subject: [IBLE] Killer Windows

Hi: I got a new yard bird yesterday, the hard way. A small bird crashed into my dining room window. It then made it to the fence, where it recuperated and flew off after about ten minutes. It was a MacGillivray's Warbler, a gorgeous male.

But I have a question. That window has now killed two young Bullock's

 Orioles (last fall) and a Black-Chinned Hummingbird (last summer).
 Robins, House Finches, and Juncos have all knocked into it, stunning
 themselves.  Only the Orioles and the Hummer have died, but that's
 three birds too many.

 Is there a solution that anyone knows of?  Do window stickers do
 anything to provide something for the birds to focus on?

Thanks,

 Nick Miller
 Boise

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Give the gift of life to a sick child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's 'Thanks & Giving.' http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/70TolB/TM

To view archived messages go to:

http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/ible

To view the IBLE Photos archive go to:

 Yahoo! Groups Links