  From: Nick Miller
  To: ible@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:36 AM
  Subject: [IBLE] Killer Windows

  Hi: I got a new yard bird yesterday, the hard way.  A small bird
  crashed into my dining room window.  It then made it to the fence,
  where it recuperated and flew off after about ten minutes.  It was a
  MacGillivray's Warbler, a gorgeous male.

  But I have a question.  That window has now killed two young Bullock's

  Orioles (last fall) and a Black-Chinned Hummingbird (last summer).
  Robins, House Finches, and Juncos have all knocked into it, stunning
  themselves.  Only the Orioles and the Hummer have died, but that's
  three birds too many.

  Is there a solution that anyone knows of?  Do window stickers do
  anything to provide something for the birds to focus on?

  Thanks,

  Nick Miller
  Boise

  Give the gift of life to a sick child.