Black-bellied Plovers

Yesterday around 5:00 pm, I counted 314 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS far south
of Antelope Island Causeway in Davis County between mile 5 and 6.
Finding and watching this long line of birds was not an endeavor for
either eyeball or binoculars birding.  A scope is necessary.  The
plovers were easily 4 to 500 yards out; perhaps farther.  The line of
birds was strung out a long distance, but they showed typical plover
behavior--running a short distance and picking up items from the ground,
and typical silhouette--plump but elegant.  It was also possible to see
the sharp contrast between the black breasts/bellies down to the legs
and the white aft of the legs.  I found some birds closer at mile 5.6
where it was easier to distinguish between males and females.  A short,
knotted line of dowitchers was also mixed in with the plovers and a few
flocks of peeps coursed over all and landed on the mud flats.