Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Hi,

Many thanks to Bonnie Williams for having all of us down to see her birds and
backyard. That is the most grosbeaks I have seen in one place. Many, many
Evening Grosbeaks, a few Black-headed Grosbeaks, and one great Rose-breasted
Grosbeak. Bob Huntington and I both got it for a life bird.

Later we went to River Lane and Dave Hanscom helped us find a White-throated
Sparrow he had seen earlier. Seems quite late but it was there. Lots of
activity there. Mostly Yellow-rumps and Orange-crowned Warblers, but also Chipping
Sparrows, and a Green-tailed Towhee, Hermit Thrush, and Western Tanager.  I
know I have forgotten several, but have mostly been keeping track of year birds.

We did manage to find a Common Yellowthroat, Sora, and Eastern Kingbird at
the Airport Dike and a Plumbeous Vireo on the Provo River Parkway near the Oxbow
by ourselves.

Jack Binch