AIC and Antelope Island

Just to add to Jack Binch's post from 4-30-05, other than the birds he mentioned (and thanks for coming back and letting me know where the Dunlin was), I also saw 80 Black-bellied Plovers between mile markers 6 and 5, about 100 yards before you get to mile marker 5.  They were on the south side of the road, about 125 yards out (and a big thank you to Merrill Webb for pointing them out to me).  Also, Barn, Tree, and Violet-green Swallows.  The Eared Grebes are also still out in force, most in the spring plumage.

At the ranch I did not have much time, saw none of the birds Jack mentioned but did see the following:

Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's and one spring plumage male Myrtle race)
No Harrier
Am Kestrel
Lazuli Bunting
YH Blackbird
RW Blackbird
Western Kingbird
Say's Phoebe
Lincoln's Sparrow
WC Sparrow
BH Cowbird

and on the road to the ranch a Burrowing Owl flying, several Chukars sunning themselves, Horned Lark, and ten Pronghorn Antelope.  Also one very dark hawk soaring that was probably a dark phase RT Hawk (he was pretty high up there so could not solidify the ID).

Also, for my Davis county list I added Bob Huntington and Merrill Webb (and his lovely wife).  However, even though I "knew" Jack Binch was driving the car that Bob Huntington was in, I neither saw him nor heard him so ABA rules prohibit me from counting him.  (For all I know, it could have been and Ivory-billed Woodpecker.)

Brian