Antelope Island & Causeway

Hi,

I figure I have about the same chance of seeing the Ivory-billed as I do of getting a date with Heidi Klum. Therefore, Bob Huntington and I went local birding.

Not much to note at Bear River, except a large amount of Least Sandpipers and a huge amount of water. The rest of the birds seen have been previously reported.

On the causeway we found a single Dunlin mixed with the Sanderlings and Western Sandpipers near the bridge close to the marina. It was on the north side.

At Garr Ranch we found two Virginia's Warblers, a Northern Waterthrush and a Cordilleran Flycatcher. There are many Orange-crowned Warblers and Kinglets there also.  Bob was there Friday and saw a Gray Flycatcher, but we did not find it Saturday.

When Heidi calls, I think I will meet her in Arkansas for a picnic.

Jack Binch