Our Orioles are back!

This is my first post to the list but this is too exciting!
 *Our Bullock's Orioles are back!*

Last year my husband and I had at least three breeding pairs eating at our nectar feeders. It was so cute when they would be teaching the babies how to fly and use the feeders for the first time. We were hoping they would be back to raise more children and give us pleasure all summer and they are!

We had the brightly colored male and his beautiful wife both at the feeder. It was so exciting. This morning waking to the sharp sound of the Oriole before it feeds was a wonderful start to the day.

We got our first Lazuli Bunting a couple of days ago and what a treat it added but this.... whoot!

On an unrelated and not as exciting side note we also saw our first Black-Headed Grosbeak. They are beautiful and this was our first sighting of them this year as well. They just don't strike the same note in my heart but the first sighting of the season is always fun.

This is a list of most of the birds that we enjoyed watching yesterday in our South Weber backyard:

Bullock's Oriole
Lazuli Bunting
Black-Headed Grosbeak
Mourning Doves
House Finches=20
Cassin's Finches
Western Scrub Jay
Lesser Goldfinches
American Goldfinches
Pine Siskin
Brewer's Blackbirds
Brown-headed Cowbirds
American Robin
Black-billed Magpie
Many types of sparrows.

 What a wonderful day of birding right in my own backyard.
 Brenda