Fwd: Minnesota Owl Festival

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:55:33 -0700 (MST)

It was submitted by Susan and Jeffrey Saffle

Subject: Minnesota Owl Festival

Message: My wife and I have spent the last five days in Minnesota, two at
Sax-Zim, and Aitken County. Very enjoyable to visit one of the holy sites
of birding in America. In two days, we saw 45 great grey owls (many within
10 feet of the car), 11 northern hawk-owls, and one snowy owl at the Duluth
Airport. We watched a couple of successful strikes by Great Greys, so I
hope they're doing OK. Also: common redpolls, pine grosbeaks, sharp-tailed
and ruffed grouse, pileated and hairy woodpeckers. I suspect this is a once
in a lifetime experience.

Susan and Jeffrey Saffle

Do you Yahoo!?