Bald Eagles

They maybe larger than the swallows that return each year to San Juan Capistrano, but the eagles of Farmington Bay are almost as predictable.  A quick trip during lunch produced in excess of 100 Bald Eagles.  Interestingly, since the strong winds of last fall leveled most of the usual "roosting trees", the eagles have adapted and considerable numbers were in the trees north of the former area.
A word of encouragement.... get out and get the wintering birds while we can.  I saw at 2 pair of Canadian Gooses that had paired up and staked out their elevated nesting platforms.  Can spring be far off?

Ain't Birding Great!!!
Bruce Robinson
Still looking for the Eskimo Curlew!