Iraqi birds

Hello Fellow Birders,

Looking for an exotic birding report with a touch of heart?

Below is a note that is currently bouncing through the mailboxes of
nature minded folks (but I haven't seen it cross the BirdTalk list to
date).  It links to the digital (and appears to be daily) diary of an
American soldier serving in Iraq with a passion for that area's birds.
A neat perspective for those of us (like myself) who can't even
comprehend the situation there.  Thought it might stir up some thoughts
and help make this big, wild world a little smaller and maybe a less
surreal (?)

Just click the link in blue found in the short note below.

My best to you all,
Adam

I'm sure some of you have already been tipped off to this blog by
other
lists, but for those who haven't here's a chance to read about the
wildlife of a very different desert on the other side of the world:

Nature Notes from Iraq
http://birdingbabylon.blogspot.com/

If you have the time, it's well worth reading from the beginning.

Sheri Williamson
Bisbee, Arizona