From: "Richard Wood" <rwoodphd@msn.com>
To: "Bruce & Lynn Robinson" <dbruce@prodigy.net>,<cllslp@msn.com>,<pooder@xmission.com>,<birdtalk@utahbirds.org>
Subject: Re: [BirdTalk] Sandhill Cranes Migrating South
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:22:29 -0600
In Texas, many hunters INSIST that they are conservationists, even after they've killed a duck using their Duck Stamp.
I've never understood the logic behind this.
I agree with Stephen that one crane (or duck, or cormorant, or whatever...) taken is too many, considering the damage that we've already done using
non-hunting means to the birds and their habitat.  I, personally, would have loved to have been here on this planet when there were millions and millions of birds, and I truly would have been standing there in awe...
Richard
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce & Lynn Robinson" <dbruce@prodigy.net>