Re: [slbnet] Salt Lake Birders field trip

FYI:  We visited White's Valley on Monday and flushed a couple of S-T Grouse near the end of the road that goes near the twin silos.  Where that road branches off from the main road (where all the old farm equipment sits) we saw a Burrowing Owl by its nest hole.  The owl was sitting atop the large wooden beams piled there beside the silo road, and the nest hole was in the mound of dirt piled behind the beams.
This was about noon.

On a side note, also on Monday afternoon, there was a White-winged Dove sitting in the road about 1/2 mile east of the entrance to Bear River Refuge.

Joel and Kathy Beyer