Warblers

Ok, all of you that know more about birding than I do
(which is almost everyone!!), I have a question for
you.
What is it about River Lane that attracts so many
warblers?  I figure that the rarities show up as a
result of the percentages, but why do so many
warblers, vireos, flycatchers, etc., stop there during
fall migration?
Is it because of the insects? (I know first hand that
there are quite a few mosquitoes there!!)  There seems
to be a lot of competition for dinner with the
abundance of swallows, and today, the nighthawks.
It can't be because there is not a lot of traffic--
the dirt road resembled I-15 at rush hour several
times today.
There are other areas around the lake that have
similar old growth habitats, but the warblers do not
congregate there like they do on River Lane.
Or is it simply because this is where we habitually
look?
Anyway, I'd be interested in any theories as to why
River Lane is regularly such a hotspot!!

Surely the birds can't be famished after flying the
length of Utah Lake!

=====
Ain't Birding Great!!!
Bruce Robinson