Re: [birdnet] FW: American Redstart

Alton and I went to Jordanelle last Wednesday, June 16th, in the morning, to
see the American Redstart and other Wasatch County Birds.  What a great day
of birding!  While we were looking for the American Redstart we noticed a
mist net and heard voices on the opposite side of the area where we saw the
Redstart.

When we visited the DWR folks who were mist netting and banding the birds
they told us they had caught the American Redstart earlier in the morning
and found that it had a band that was dated 1999.  They told us they had
caught it every year since then, including this year.  My, quite a
long-lived bird--probably a lucky one too.  Near where we saw the Redstart I
was also able to see a secretive Sora.  No sound at all--just lurking around
in the undergrowth east of the boardwalk.

At the Rockcliff Nature Center we were able to see a Common Nighthawk still
flying.  Later we saw one perched in a tree.  I am sure there were more.
The Ospreys were on their nest, with young.  They are best seen from the
second turnout after leaving the nature center, on the road back to the
junction.

In the Charleston City  park we were able to find Common Grackle.

We saw over 30 birds and were able to get a great view of the Bobolinks in
Heber, as they flew towards us and landed on nearby fence posts.

Glenn