Birding Hyrum and antelope Island, 4/11/2004

Hi all

Jill and I birded Antelope Island (AI) on Sunday, the 11th.  We started in Hyrum at our house, went across the street to the state park (HSP), and on the way, stopped at the "ponds" on Rt. 89/91, just a little north of the Mantua Reservoir.

Here's what we saw:

Hyrum/Antelope Island, 4/11/2004
Length: 42

Contents:
Common Loon (HSP)
Horned Grebe (AI)
Eared Grebe (AI)
American White Pelican (WB, AI)
Double-crested Cormorant (AI)
Great Blue Heron (AI)
Turkey Vulture (H)
Canada Goose (HSP)
Mallard (H)
Cinnamon Teal (H)
Northern Shoveler (H)
Canvasback (H)
Redhead (H)
Osprey (HSP)
Northern Harrier (H)
Swainson's Hawk (BC)
Red-tailed Hawk (H)
American Kestrel (BC)
Ring-necked Pheasant (AI)
American Coot (H, AI)
Sandhill Crane (BC)
Killdeer (AI)
American Avocet (AI)
Willet (AI)
Sanderling (AI)
California Gull (AI)
Rock Pigeon (H)
Downy Woodpecker (H)
Black-billed Magpie (H, AI)
Common Raven (BC, AI)
Horned Lark (AI)
Barn Swallow (H)
Black-capped Chickadee (H)
Rock Wren (AI)
American Robin (H)
European Starling (H)
White-crowned Sparrow (AI)
Red-winged Blackbird (H, AI)
Western Meadowlark (H)
Yellow-headed Blackbird (H)
House Finch (H)
House Sparrow (H)

The highlights at Antelope Island were the Sanderlings (we saw 10), the Rock Wren singing near the Visitor Center, the three Willets, the two Horned Grebes, and the Swainson's Hawk we had over IH 15 in Brigham City.

Good birding,
Richard