Re: Which is for what?

There have been a few new people on the Birdnet and BirdTalk lately
who's submissions have kind of blurred the distiction between the two
list-serves a bit.  It's better to recieve the information rather than
cause people to be afraid of making a mistake, so I don't think it's
good to be too harsh about these things.

You're right:

birnet for hotine birds

birdtalk for more causual stuff like trip reports, questions, etc.

When I see that someone is consistantly sending material that seems to
be more appropiate for the other list serve, I usually check to see if
they are on both lists.  If they're not on one, let's say, they're not
on the "BirdTalk" for instance, I usually e-mail them and ask them if
they'd like me to put them on and tell them about the difference.
Actually I thought I e-mailed you and got a response that you'd like to
be put on the BirdTalk -- although my memory could easily be wrong --
probably is -- so the "magic" was of my doing.

I think that everyone has been pretty patient and understanding about
new people on the list serves -- I think we're doing pretty well.

I hope this well serve as a reminder about the difference between
birdnet and birdtalk.

Thanks to all who have contributed to either or both.  And thanks to
Richard for asking the the question.

Best wishes,
Milton Moody
utahbirds.org webmaster