Spring?

Hi,

Everybody is saying it is spring, so I thought I had better go see for myself. I started at White's Valley, but spring is late up there. Just the winter birds and mud.

Next I went to Bear River MBR. Lots of American Avocets, a few pelicans, a flock of Yellow-headed Blackbirds as previously reported, some Eared Grebes and a Western Grebe. The rest were the usual winter birds. I was encouraged to see some water up there and the chorus of frogs must mean spring is on the way.

Antelope Island did not have much either, but I was there in the middle of the afternoon. I stopped to see the Burrowing Owls as reported by Nicky Davis.

It is probably a week or two early for up north, but the weather sure is nice.

I did get a big star for my trouble, problem is it is in my windshield.

Jack