Snow Geese Festival: Anyone Been Yet, Timing of Viewing Birds?

Have any of y'all been to the Delta Snow Goose "Festival" yet?

Can anyone offer best times to see the birds in vicinity of Gunnison Bend Reservoir? Has the birds timing been predictable, or is it likely to see good numbers anytime in the late afternoon, early evening?

(You know, when you have young children, they are impatient and dread driving two hours anyway. I want to time being there to see max number of Geese. You parents will know well what I mean.)

Thank you to anyone who can offer words of experience.

Yup, Birdin's Great.

Matthew.

(You know you are a "birder" of some sort when you ask someone what kind of bird they saw, and they look at you puzzled and respond that it was a "bird." And you feel some frustration knowing that that is a woefully insufficient answer for "what kind of bird is that?") ;-)