FW: Morgan Co., 12-5-03

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by Julie

Subject: Morgan Co., 12-5-03

Message: Pomera and I birded around Croyden (N of I-84 near Henefer), East Canyon, etc. today. We found 2 flocks of turkeys in Croyden, approximately 100 birds. We also saw a flock of about 20 Chukars in the same area. East Canyon had absolutly no loons or scoters, but we saw 5 male Hooded Mergansers and one female, 2 Barrow's Goldeneye, 4 Golden Eagles harrassing each other near the east inlet where Ut65/66 divide. Near Coalville we saw 4 Bald Eagles, 2 adults and 2 immatures. One of the adults was standing on some kind of dead critter feeding (too far away to tell what it was), and the other adult was on top of a utility pole calling and flying off every once in a while to chase off the 2 immature eagles. Quite interesting behavior. I've never heard Bald Eagles calling before. We saw American Crows in Morgan and Summit Co. We saw one Shrike that I think was a Loggerhead.

Good birding y'all,
Julie