Re: Blue Jay & hummer

I'm intrigued by this report. Did you get a good look at the female hummingbird?
There have been a number of northern Utah records of hummingbirds in November and
December, and as far as I know, they have all been Anna's Hummingbirds. I don't
know of any late records for Broad-tailed, and the latest records for Black-chinned
are mid-October. Is it possible that the hummingbird you saw was an Anna's?

Good birding!

Mark