No long-tailed duck at BRR

Hi All -

Just thought I'd let you all know that NO long-tailed ducks could be found
at Bear River Refuge today.  Will keep looking, and if spotted, will post
right away.

The marshes are mostly frozen over.  Only canals, the Bear River, and small
areas near structures with flowing water are open.  The few ducks we see
are very skittish and take off long before your vehicle gets close.  Lots
of horned larks, pipits, goldfinches, a few song sparrows, meadowlarks,
blackbirds and marsh wrens.  Bald and golden eagles, lots of harriers, p-b
grebes.  A loggerhead shrike, peregrine falcon and a couple great blue
herons seen today.

Betsy Beneke
Outdoor Recreation Planner
Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge