Clover Spring Campground

Hi, I tried to post this Sunday, but it wouldn't go. I hope it doesn't get duplicated.

The recent Northern Pygmy Owl postings reminded me that I haven't ever seen one. Not one for crowds, I decided I would go to Clover Spring where someone posted seeing one last winter. No luck with the owl, but I wasn't disappointed. The spring and the surrounding area was very active. I was there between 10:00 and 11:30 and saw numerous Townsend's Solitares, Pine Siskins, Cassin's Finches, White Crowned Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Juncos, Juniper Titmice, Yellow-rumped Warblers, three Clark's Nutcracker, two Ruby-crowned Kinglets, one Brown Creeper, one Bewick's Wren, and 0 owls.

On the way home I stopped at Saltair to see if Pink Floyd could be seen. No luck there either. You almost need a spotting scope to see the lake. I did see a Loggerhead Shrike and a Say's Phoebe in a dead tree by a dried up pond.

Not bad for a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

Jack