A Taste of Migration at Antelope Island

There were lots of gulls, grebes, willets, stilts and phalaropes (with a couple of red-necked mixed in) along the Antelope Island Causeway Sunday.  Also saw one Sanderling and one Long-billed Curlew.  At Garr Ranch there were lots of Lark Sparrows along with Wilson's and MacGillivray's Warblers, a Nashville Warbler and Dusky and Cordilleran Flycatchers.  Saw the Burrowing Owls and Chukars previously reported near the Visitors' Center.

Our friend, Martha Ann Albretsen, told us she has taken a position at the Ogden Nature Center beginning August 25th and so will no longer be at Antelope Island.  We have really appreciated all her good work at Antelope and will miss her bird expertise.

Pomera