backyard birdfeeding question

This is the first year that we've left our seed-feeders out all summer
long and we've been richly rewarded with a nearly constant stream of
feathered guests.
I have, however, noticed a decrease in hummingbirds. I'm wondering if
having so many feeders in close proximity is intimidating to the smaller
birds. I have a combination of seven feeders, including thistle,
hummingbird, seed, and a tray of sunflower seeds within a ten-foot area
(so we can see them outside the front window.) I also liberally scatter
seed and scratch for doves and quail in the driveway. The birds seem to
get along (well, the blue jays scare the finches and sparrows) but if
there are any suggestions to making our "bird restaurant" even better,
I'd love to hear them.
Also, we have trouble with birds flying into the window. The only thing
I've noticed that helps is to tape a "stick" that I've cut out of brown
paper onto the outside of the window. Then the birds think it's a perch
and at least slow down their approach. (Sometimes they actually grab on
with their little toes and sit there for a minute. Close up view!)
thank you,
Linda