White's Valley and BRMBR (Red Knot)

Julie and I started our birding day at White's Valley on Sunday.  The area was full of Western Meadowlarks, Mourning Doves and Loggerhead Shrikes.  We got terrific looks at a Prairie Falcon, Short-eared Owl, Northern Harriers and Sharp-tailed Grouse.

Our next stop was BRMBR where we saw many of the birds that Bridget reported on her count last week.  The sheer numbers were impressive!  We enjoyed seeing so many Snowy Egrets along with two Great Egrets.  We were rewarded by using our scopes to sift through the Dowitchers as Julie picked out a Red Knot among them!

Pomera