Fall UOS Meeting - Call for Papers

The fall meeting of the Utah Ornithological Society will be held Nov 7 - 8 at the University of Utah.  Paper sessions will take place in the morning and afternoon of Saturday, November 8 in the Aline Wilmot Skaggs Biology Building at the University of Utah. Papers (talks) on any topic of interest to Utah ornithologists and birdwatchers are requested. Our paper sessions  will include both technical and general interest (popular) presentations. If you would like to make a presentation please complete the "Call for Papers" form located at the UOS homepage (http://www.utahbirds.org/uos/) or email me and I will send a copy.  The form must be returned to me by September 1.

We will also be instituting a "Birder's Hour".  This is an opportunity for conference attendees to tell a birding tale.  Participants will have 5 minutes to report on a notable field trip, show their prized slides, describe an exceptional sighting or talk about their life list.  Persons interested in participating are asked to indicate their intent on the registration form.  Registration forms will be available in another month or so.  Watch for the upcoming announcements on BIRDNET and elsewhere.
Thanks for your consideration!

JFC

John F. Cavitt PhD
Dept. of Zoology
Weber State University
2505 University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-2505

(801) 626-6172
FAX: (801) 626-7445
homepage: http://faculty.weber.edu/jcavitt

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise."

Aldo Leopold