Heber Valley Birding

Eric and I ran up to Heber today to do some birding. Our main goal was the American Redstart. Neither of us brought directions. I saw the bird last year, and thought I knew where I saw it. But I was wrong. So if someone can send me directions that would help.
     Anyway some birds of note were: We saw a Willow Flycatcher at Deer Creek State Park accessed from Charleston. At Jordanelle wetlands we saw a Blue-Winged Teal, lots of Gray Catbirds, House Wrens, Western Wood Peewee and heard a Virgina Rail and Common Yellowthroat. At the Heber Valley Waste Water Treatment Plant we saw another Blue-Winged Teal and a Ring Necked Duck, Common Goldeneye Lesser Scaup and some Wilson's Phalaropes. I was surprised to see so many ducks there. Especially winter type ducks. It was a beautiful day to be out.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?