peregrine

I had a great view of an adult peregrine falcon tonight.  It was plucking a
dead mallard on the road from the Red Canyon Visitor's Center on Flaming
Gorge.  The falcon was so reluctant to leave its meal that we were able to
get fairly close and then sit in the car and watch it thru binoculars. It
tried to fly off with the duck once or twice but just couldn't lift the
load.  Wish I'd had a camera but I guess that would have been asking for too
much good luck in one evening.  We watched for several minutes then left so
it could finish eating in peace.

Kathy