Northern Waterthrush

I located a Northern Waterthrush on Tuesday around 10:00 a.m. at the Jordanelle Wetlands.  Directions to this area are on the Utah Birds website.  Take the trail which starts near the buildings rather than the dirt road which goes right along the river.  Cross the green timber footbridge and continue along the trail until you cross a second and then a third section of timbers.  Walk about 100 yards past this third section and look for a stake on the left side of the trail which has PW-3 on it.  The waterthrush was in the bog on the right side of the trail right across from this stake.  In the same general area was a pair of Blue-Winged Teal.  I believe this is the same place where the American Redstart was last year.

This is a beautiful birding area.  I also saw lots of Yellow Warblers, Audubon Warblers, Bullock's Orioles, Lazuli Buntings and a Western Tanager.  I checked the fields near Heber for the Bobolins, but no luck.

Pomera