Soraless No More and Northern Waterthrush

Greetings!

Julie and I went up to the Jordanelle Wetlands this afternoon to try to relocate the Northern Waterthrush.  He was right where he was yesterday.  He seems to like the edge of the bog closest to the walking trail.  We walked down off the trail a few feet and waited and within five minutes he showed up.  This was about 2:00.

Next we headed over to the North Fields (where the Bobolinks are seen) where we found a Sora and some Common Snipe.  I think I am the only one in the State of Utah who had never seen a Sora, but I feel like a true birder now.  To find these two birds, turn at The Other End (the local tavern) as you head toward Heber City (from I-80).  Follow the road for one mile.  The Sora was in the wet field on the left hand side of the road skulking around in the grasses.  We saw two or three snipe in the same general area.

Better run.  I have to go consult my bird books so I can choose a new nemesis bird.

Pomera