Butterfield Canyon and State Road 111

I birded Butterfield Canyon this morning.  Some of the
highlights include (in no particular order): Orange
Crowned, Virginia's, and Yellow Rumped Warblers;
Lazuli Bunting; Mountain Bluebirds (including 2 males
fighting over one of the nest boxes that are set up!);
Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers (the Hairy was excavating
a hole in a dead tree, what a time consuming
process!!); Loggerhead Shrike; Merlin; Chipping and
Song Sparrows; Western Kingbird; and my first hummer
of the year, a Broad-tailed Hummingbird.  I ended up
with 28 species in about 2 hours.
Good Birding everyone!
Bruce