Directions to Kays Creek

To answer Glenn Barlow's query, as you travel northbound on I-15, take
the first Layton exit. It's Exit 332 on my map, but I believe the number
is now Exit 329 with the new freeway numbering system. Travel straight
through the first traffic light. You will be northbound on Fort Lane
Road. The next traffic light will be Gentile Street, which is the main
drag east-west through old downtown Layton. Turn left (west) here and
proceed for a block to the next street (Wasatch Drive) and turn right
(north) here. Drive a block to Hawthorne St, turn left and park on the
road. You'll see the path that leads down to the pond.

The coordinates are:

N 41* 3.808
W 111* 57.683

I thank Kris Purdy for directing me last year to this great little spot.
I've found it very reliable in January for finding American Crows, Wood
Ducks, a banded Trumpeter Swan (was there last year too), and various
exotic waterfowl. These include Egyptian Goose, Bar-headed Goose, and
Black Swan. It's a veritable petting zoo! As with any municipal park,
the Canada Geese, Mallards, and R-B Gulls far outnumber any other
species of interest. Watch where you step ;-)

Jim Bailey
2032 Ribbon Lane
Holladay, UT 84117
(801) 274-8034

A  hobby must be in a large degree useless, inefficient, laborious or
irrelevant -Aldo Leopold