Re: Another strange birding anomaly/corrections

OK, maybe this is not so weird. I once flushed a mouse-toting American Kestrel out from its dining location on my son's Bronco tire (under cover of the wheel well), parked alongside the garage some time back.

A daughter-in-law had noticed the mouse (sans head) today on a different wreath hanging on a garage front light. It's not there now. Sounds very Kestrel-ish to me. Do you suppose a Kestrel would cache food for a mate? Seems mice would keep nicely in these colder temps.

In Carma's defense, all the Christmas deco is down except for the outside stuff....my responsibility :)
John